Spicy stir-fried noodles
• 200g Jolly Organics Brown Rice Noodles
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 200g trimmed and sliced mushrooms
• 100g sliced baby carrots
• 1 sliced onion
• 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
• 300g broccoli florets
• 60ml fresh orange juice
• 1 tbsp cornflour
• ½ tsp chilli powder (to taste)
• ½ tsp ground black pepper
• 1 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp honey
1) Prepare the noodles according to packet instructions and put aside.
2) Make a sauce by combining the orange juice, corn flour, chilli powder, black pepper powder, chilli flakes, soy sauce and honey in a large bowl. Whisk until well blended. Set aside.
3) Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, carrots, onion, and garlic and stir-fry for five minutes, until onion and garlic are golden. Add the broccoli florets, cover the pan, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp and tender. Add the sauce and stir for 3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
4) Transfer the noodles to a serving bowl. Pour the vegetable-sauce mixture over the noodles, toss to combine, and serve immediately. Serves 2-3 people.