Fresh cabbage & sesame noodle salad
• 200g Jolly Organics Turmeric Rice Noodles
• ½ finely sliced head of purple cabbage
• 4 scallions, sliced at a diagonal
• ¼ cup finely sliced red onion
• 200g firm tofu cut in small cubes
• 1 bunch chopped coriander
• 2- 3 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
• ¼ cup roasted peanuts
• handful sunflower sprouts
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp honey (or agave or cane sugar)
• 1 tbsp finely minced ginger (or ginger paste)
• 2 tsp tamari sauce
• ¾ tsp salt, more to taste
• squeeze of lime
1) Prepare the noodles according to packet instructions and put aside.
2) Prepare the dressing by blending together the olive oil, sesame oil, vinegar, honey, ginger, tamari, salt and lime.
3) Toss the cabbage, scallions, red onion and coriander in a big bowl.
4) Pan-fry the tofu in sesame oil and tamari sauce and top it with sesame seeds.
5) Toss the dressing with the noodles to combine, serve with the tofu pieces on the top and garnish with the peanuts. Serves 2-3 people.