Avocado, tomato & chickpea salad
• 200g Jolly Organics Mulberry Leaf Rice Noodles
• 1 can rinsed and drained chickpeas
• 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
• ½ cup crumbled feta
• 1 avocado, pitted and diced
• ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
• ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
• Torn basil leaves to garnish
For the dressing:
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 1 garlic clove
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves
• ¼ tsp dried oregano
• ½ tsp salt to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper
1) Prepare the noodles according to packet instructions and put aside in a large bowl.
2) Make the dressing by adding the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, basil leaves, oregano and spices to a blender and pulsing for a few seconds until smooth.
3) Combine the chickpeas, tomatoes, feta, avocado, onion and olives with the cooked noodles.
4) Fold in dressing and gently stir until pasta is well combined with ingredients. 5 • Season with fresh ground black pepper and garnish with some extra basil leaves. Serves 2-3 people.